Monday 16 August 2010

the hilary jeffery tape



in the tape deck:

the hilary jeffery tape
hilary jeffery & machinefabriek
mf014
2-track cassette tape


image: japanese forms



Despite a recent revival and growing interest in the cassette format I hadn't so far far bought any of the ones that have appeared over the past couple of years. In fact, I don't think that
I've bought a tape; despite having quite a collection, in at least 15 years. I was rather interested in acquiring the recent B.J. Nilsen tape on Touch but finally didn't bother... I can't buy everything so I make choices. Anyhow, as I rather like almost everything Rutger Zuydervelt (Machinefabriek) does I jumped at the occasion to acquire this limited edition tape. It's a quite wonderful collaboration with trombone player Hilary Jeffery and features two cinematic-like tunes. Reminds me in a way of Don Ellis' fabulous score for 'The French Connection'.
Available on a bright orange cassette tape, limited to 100 copies and housed in a hand stamped chipboard arigato pack.
one2zero

buy / download: machinefabriek


No comments: