Thursday 12 August 2010

wolfgang voigt - freiland klaviermusik



on the turntable:

wolfgang voigt
freiland klaviermusik

profan cd9

Buy / Order:
boomkat
kompakt

image: japanese forms



"Piano house gone avant garde" is how Boomkat describes this disc and I suppose they're right. I'd stick to the more "abstract techno" term for it but that doesn't make it much better. I'm not too keen on this (maybe I'll have to give it a few more listens). It comes as a bit of a disappointment really to me as I'm rather fond of his Gas discs that came out a few years back as well as the recent release on Raster-Noton. Digipak packaging and artwork are delightful though with a triple fold-out sleeve. Unfortunately, there's no mention of who did the artwork/design/layout. Freiland Klaviermusik is released on Voigt's very own, recently revived Profan label. one2zero

I've been a bit slow on updating this blog recently due to having lots of other time-consuming things to do. I've acquired quite a good few discs since I last updated so expect to see some more posts over the next few days. one2zero



No comments: