Friday 27 August 2010

pan sonic - gravitoni


on my turntable


pan sonic
gravitoni
ptyt 045



image: ©japanese forms


I haven't many discs by Pan Sonic -despite their quite consquent back-catalogue- but those that I do have have always been rather good; this one is no exception. As their last disc as Pan Sonic, the duo, Ilpo Väisänen and Mika Vainio, bows out with a tremendous final album of power electronics, techno concrète and deep tonal darkness of a quite amazing standard. Quite astonishing indeed and an album that I loved the first time I heard it. Stand-out tracks being 'Hades' (which reminds me somewhat of a track from Alva Noto's 'Xerox' albums) and the wonderous 'Pan Finale.'
Packaging is of the same standard as the music contained within; fold-out digipak with graphic design by Bente Schipp and 14-page illustrated booklet with photography by Pan Sonic. one2zero

Web: Blast First Petite Pan Sonic Artwork@Discogs™

Buy or Download:
Blast First Petite
Boomkat

No comments: